Why work at Phoenix?
- Fantastic Snohomish County location (reverse commute from Seattle/Eastside!)
- Competitive compensation and benefits package including 401k match
- We believe customer service is an attitude, not a department. If you’re passionate about veterinary medicine and providing outstanding support to the local veterinary community, this is the place for you!
Current Job Openings:
Sales & Marketing Manager
Phoenix Central Laboratory, a full service clinical veterinary diagnostic laboratory located in Mukilteo, Washington, is seeking an individual for the Sales & Marketing Manager position. This position will develop annual marketing plans, outlining goals, strategic programs, continuing education, meetings, newsletters, advertising, community support, pricing, etc., consistent with Company philosophy and goals.
This individual needs to have excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills; ability to interact with individuals at all levels in the organization, is a highly organized, energetic, team player, with excellent demonstrated ability to drive business growth and develop new and existing clients. Establishes sales strategy and measurement programs to ensure results.
- 5+ years of sales and marketing experience, veterinary preferred
- 5+ years managerial experience directing a regional/national sales and marketing team
- Experience in managing departmental budgets and developing team members
- Experience scheduling resources and personnel
- The ability to create and execute a sales and marketing plan that integrates with corporate goals and philosophy
- Willingness to travel both regionally and nationally
This position reports to the Director of Operations.
Send Cover Letter, Resume to email@example.com. Include “Sales and Marketing Manager” in the email subject line
Phoenix Lab is seeking a full-time Sales Associate
- Develop and maintain thorough knowledge of Phoenix Lab services.
- Analyze market data and develop strategic plans to grow client base.
- Educate customers on the benefits of Phoenix Lab compared to the competition.
- Travel to and meet with existing and prospective customers, with a target of four existing and four new business opportunities per day.
- Extensive driving required, including overnight travel, approximately 4-7 nights per month.
- Document all client interactions via CRM.
- Collaborate across all Phoenix Lab departments.
- Work with leadership to develop and deliver relevant programs that address desired customer needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years sales experience, preferably in the veterinary or medical industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Formal presentation skills
- Ability to adapt to a fast changing environment
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office Suite
- Ability to work independently, and also as part of a team
- Valid driver’s license, and ability to travel overnight and some weekends.
The successful candidate will have a passion for supporting the veterinary community. Phoenix Lab is a values-driven organization, where we strive to provide the best possible customer service every day.
Why work at Phoenix Lab?
- Fantastic Snohomish County location (reverse commute from Seattle/Eastside.)
- Competitive compensation
- We believe customer service is an attitude, not a department. If you’re passionate about veterinary medicine and providing outstanding service to the local veterinary community, Phoenix Lab is the place for you!
How to Apply:
Send Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Marketing Associate” in the email subject line.
Phoenix Laboratory, a fast paced veterinary diagnostic laboratory located in Mukilteo, WA, is seeking a full-time microbiologist to work days in our Microbiology department. Plate-reading experience in clinical microbiology (human or animal) is required. The applicant should be able to identify common bacterial isolates and interpret susceptibilities. The applicant must possess good written and verbal communication skills, be able to follow safety guidelines, as well as department procedures and policies. The applicant must be detail-orientated and possess fine-motor skills.
Hours: 8:00am to 4:30pm for approximately 40 hours per week, will include some weekends
- Bachelor of Science and two years previous experience in clinical microbiology.
How to Apply:
Send Cover Letter, Resume to email@example.com. Include “MICROBIOLOGIST” in the email subject line and also provide salary requirements
Technical Support II
Phoenix Central Lab is looking for a qualified Technical Support II that can help maintain Windows computer systems, The Lab Information System (LIS) and networks aiming for the highest functionality. You will also train users of internal systems to make appropriate and safe usage of the IT infrastructure.
The Technical Support II is responsible for handling support of service requests in a professional and timely manner. This relates to all technology, to include: workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor specific hardware and software. This position is on-call; nights, weekends and some holidays.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Learn and provide support for the laboratory network and laboratory information system.
- IT Support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications and operating systems.
- Support of disaster recovery solutions.
- Technical support by resolving problems encountered by laboratory users, doctors, clients, desktops, servers, networks, routers, switches, cables, etc
- Remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix.
- Monitor the remote monitoring and management system alerts and notifications, and respond accordingly through service tickets.
- System documentation maintenance and review.
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes, and agreed outages.
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction.
- Fast turnaround of customer requests.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Update website accordingly, with outages, important client updates, “Did you Know” articles upcoming events, etc.
- Work with the IT Manager and IT staff to ensure requests are routed to the proper resource in order to be resolved quickly and efficiently.
- Escalate service requests that require engineer level support.
- Enter all work as service ticketing log as events occur.
- Local travel to client site visit to assist with connecting/integrating software with the LIS.
- Perform other related work as directed
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Advanced understanding of operating systems, business applications, printing systems, and network systems.
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care.
- Experience with Server 2003, 2008r2, 2012r2, Active Directory, SQL and PowerBuilder a plus.
- Work experience in a laboratory environment a plus.
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately.
- Service awareness of all organization’s key services for which support is being provided.
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide services.
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment.
- An ability to meet deadlines in a multi-task environment.
- Able to listen and communicate information to a wide variety of clients and vendors at all skill levels, both orally and in writing.
- Proactive, self-motivated, able to recognize issues and resolve or escalate appropriately and have a strong sense of accountability.
- Able to lift regularly 25 pounds, frequently up to 50 pounds, rarely over 50 pounds.
- Able to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Able to reach, bent, and stoop as required during installations and maintenance of equipment.
Educational/Vocational/Previous Experience Requirements:
- BA/BS, preferably in computer science or a related field.
- Microsoft, and other technology field certificates a plus.
- 3 years of prior experience matching this job outline in this ad.
Send Cover Letter, Resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please Include “Desktop Support Technician II” in the email subject line.
Check out our web site at www.pclv.net
Phoenix Central Laboratory has a great benefit package including medical, dental, life/disability, and 401(k). Salary is DOE.
Please send resumes to: email@example.com
You can also mail a resume to:
ATTN: Human Resources
4338 Harbour Pointe Boulevard S.W.
Mukilteo, WA 98275
PCLV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Click here to get our Pre-Employment Application