Why work at Phoenix?
- Fantastic Snohomish County location (reverse commute from Seattle/Eastside!)
- Competitive compensation and benefits package including 401k match
- We believe customer service is an attitude, not a department. If you’re passionate about veterinary medicine and providing outstanding support to the local veterinary community, this is the place for you!
Current Job Openings:
Phoenix Central Laboratory for Veterinarians is seeking a Medical/Laboratory Director.
The Medical/Laboratory Director, working in coordination with the Director of Operations, will be responsible for the lab and medical areas within the organization. The responsibilities of this position will include but not be limited to laboratory management, oversight of quality control, management of internists, clinical and anatomic pathologists, development and implementing a marketing strategy to grow the laboratory’s client base while improving the lab’s overall diagnostic capabilities along with ensuring the on-going level of exceptional client service and quality control.
Dedicated to quality testing combined with fast and reliable personalized service for 28 years, Phoenix Laboratory was structured to be solely owned by practicing veterinarians and employees of the Laboratory. Phoenix Laboratory is a full service veterinary diagnostic laboratory offering complete clinical and anatomic pathology testing as well as microbiology, serology, RIA, hematology, chemistry, and a wide variety of miscellaneous tests. We employ boarded clinical and anatomic pathologists on site, as well as boarded internists for case consultation. Phoenix Laboratory serves over 900 clients throughout the United States and is the oldest exclusive veterinary diagnostic laboratory in the region. It is located just 20 miles north of Seattle, providing ample opportunity to explore the outdoors and other pleasures of the Pacific Northwest.
The successful candidate will have a history and passion for supporting the veterinary community and have the exemplary leadership, marketing, and business skills to insure the growth of the lab. This is a values-driven organization where service is the priority.
- Proven leadership skills
- Track record of success in managing and leading multiple medical teams
- Capable of innovative and proactive approaches in identifying new opportunities to refine and improve lab area operations
- Capable of building productive cross-functional collaborations both within and external to Phoenix Laboratory
- Ability to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner
- Demonstrated ability to drive the delivery of quality results in a timely manner, either independently or by directing others
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highest level interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work as a collaborative team member are essential
- Strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, managers, and externally with clients
- Flexibility to changing methods and technologies
To apply, please send your resume to: email@example.com
Phoenix Laboratory is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Desktop Support Technician II
Phoenix Central Lab is looking for a qualified Desktop Support Technician II that can help maintain Windows computer systems, The Lab Information System (LIS) and networks aiming for the highest functionality. You will also train users of internal systems to make appropriate and safe usage of the IT infrastructure.
The Desktop Support Technician II is responsible for handling support of service requests in a professional and timely manner. This relates to all technology, to include: workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor specific hardware and software. This position is will be in an on-call rotation.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Learn and provide support for the laboratory network and laboratory information system.
- IT Support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications and operating systems.
- Support of disaster recovery solutions.
- Technical support by resolving problems encountered by laboratory users, doctors, clients, desktops, servers, networks, routers, switches, cables, etc
- Remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix.
- Monitor the remote monitoring and management system alerts and notifications, and respond accordingly through service tickets.
- System documentation maintenance and review.
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes, and agreed outages.
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction.
- Fast turnaround of customer requests.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Update website accordingly, with outages, important client updates, “Did you Know” articles upcoming events, etc.
- Work with the IT Manager and IT staff to ensure requests are routed to the proper resource in order to be resolved quickly and efficiently.
- Escalate service requests that require engineer level support.
- Enter all work as service ticketing log as events occur.
- Local travel to client site visit to assist with connecting/integrating software with the LIS.
- Perform other related work as directed
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Advanced understanding of operating systems, business applications, printing systems, and network systems.
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care.
- Experience with Server 2003, 2008r2, 2012r2, Active Directory, SQL Dev and Query, and PowerBuilder a plus.
- Work experience in a laboratory environment a plus.
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately.
- Service awareness of all organization’s key services for which support is being provided.
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide services.
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment.
- An ability to meet deadlines in a multi-task environment.
- Able to listen and communicate information to a wide variety of clients and vendors at all skill levels, both orally and in writing.
- Proactive, self-motivated, able to recognize issues and resolve or escalate appropriately and have a strong sense of accountability.
- Able to lift regularly 25 pounds, frequently up to 50 pounds, rarely over 50 pounds.
- Able to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Able to reach, bent, and stoop as required during installations and maintenance of equipment.
Educational/Vocational/Previous Experience Requirements:
- BA/BS, preferably in computer science or a related field.
- Microsoft, and other technology field certificates a plus.
- 3 years of prior experience matching this job outline in this ad.
Send Cover Letter, Resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please Include “Desktop Support Technician II” in the email subject line.
Medical Technician/Medical Laboratory Technician (MT/MLT) or Veterinary Technician.
Please note: this is a full-time night position; hours are scheduled between 10 PM and 8:30 AM, dependent on duties assigned. This position has rotating weekend shifts.
Job responsibilities include:
- Performs manual and automated routine laboratory diagnostic tests
- Prepares specimens for microscopic examination
- Manually keys results accurately into LIS
- Performs a variety of tasks related to specimen accessioning and processing
Experience and Skills:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; college degree in science-related field preferred
- Medical Technician or Medical Laboratory Technician Certification (or equivalent) preferred
- Laboratory skills, with experience setting up, running and reading lab tests and operating laboratory instrumentation
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written
- Detail oriented with ability to focus for long periods of time at task at hand
- Organized with ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Ability to troubleshoot within the guidelines of standardized procedures
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently or as part of a team, and to proceed with objectives without direct supervision
- Personal computer skills, including strong typing ability.
Send Cover Letter, Resume to email@example.com. Please Include “Laboratory Tech” in the email subject line and also provide salary requirements.
Phoenix Laboratory, a fast paced veterinary diagnostic laboratory located in Mukilteo, WA, is seeking a full-time microbiologist to work days in our Microbiology department. Plate-reading experience in clinical microbiology (human or animal, animal preferred) is desired. The applicant should be able to identify common bacterial isolates. Experience interpreting susceptibilities is a plus. The applicant must possess good written and verbal communication skills, be able to follow safety guidelines, as well as department procedures and policies. The applicant must be detail-orientated and possess fine-motor skills.
Hours: 8:00am to 4:30pm for approximately 40 hours per week, will include some weekends
- Bachelor of Science, degree in Microbiology or Medical Technology (MT)
Experience in Clinical Microbiology
How to Apply:
Send Cover Letter, Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “MICROBIOLOGIST” in the email subject line and also provide salary requirements
Check out our web site at www.pclv.net. Phoenix Central Laboratory has a great benefit package including medical, dental, life/disability, and 401(k). Salary is DOE.
Please send resumes to: email@example.com
You can also mail a resume to:
ATTN: Human Resources
4338 Harbour Pointe Boulevard S.W.
Mukilteo, WA 98275
PCLV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Click here to get our Pre-Employment Application