Why work at Phoenix?
- Fantastic Snohomish County location (reverse commute from Seattle/Eastside!)
- Competitive compensation and benefits package including 401k match
- We believe customer service is an attitude, not a department. If you’re passionate about veterinary medicine and providing outstanding support to the local veterinary community, this is the place for you!
Current Job Openings:
Phoenix Central Laboratory for Veterinarians is seeking a Medical Director.
The Medical Director, working in coordination with the Director of Operations, will be responsible for the lab and medical areas within the organization. The responsibilities of this position will include but not be limited to laboratory management, oversight of quality control, management of internists, clinical and anatomic pathologists, development and implementing a marketing strategy to grow the laboratory’s client base while improving the lab’s overall diagnostic capabilities along with ensuring the on-going level of exceptional client service and quality control.
Dedicated to quality testing combined with fast and reliable personalized service for 28 years, Phoenix Laboratory was structured to be solely owned by practicing veterinarians and key employees of the Laboratory. Phoenix Laboratory is a full service veterinary diagnostic laboratory offering complete clinical and anatomic pathology testing as well as microbiology, serology, RIA, hematology, chemistry, and a wide variety of miscellaneous tests. We employ boarded clinical and anatomic pathologists on site, as well as boarded internists for case consultation. Phoenix Laboratory serves over 900 clients throughout the United States and is the oldest exclusive veterinary diagnostic laboratory in the region. It is located just 20 miles north of Seattle, providing ample opportunity to explore the outdoors and other pleasures of the Pacific Northwest.
The successful candidate will have a history and passion for supporting the veterinary community and have the exemplary leadership, marketing, and business skills to insure the growth of the lab. This is a values-driven organization where service is the priority.
- DVM (or equivalent); ACVP or ACVIM Certified or Board Eligibility
- Current Washington State Veterinary License
- Proven leadership skills
- Track record of success in managing and leading multiple medical teams
- Capable of innovative and proactive approaches in identifying new opportunities to refine and improve lab area operations
- Capable of building productive cross-functional collaborations both within and external to Phoenix Laboratory
- Ability to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner
- Demonstrated ability to drive the delivery of quality results in a timely manner, either independently or by directing others
- Strong diagnostic skills in Clinical Pathology/Internal Medicine
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highest level interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work as a collaborative team member are essential
- Strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, managers, and externally with clients
- Flexibility to changing methods and technologies
To apply, please send your resume to: email@example.com. Include “Medical Director” in the email subject line. Application materials should include a complete CV, letter of intent, and the names and addresses of three professional references.
You can also mail a resume to:
ATTN: Human Resources
4338 Harbour Pointe Boulevard S.W.
Mukilteo, WA 98275
PCLV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Click here to get our Pre-Employment Application